Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: I have to be dumb....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member cosmo99's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 7th, 2005
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I have to be dumb....

    Ok, so I am reading all this stuff about the health care bill and public option. I understand NONE of it. Apparently it is either in to big of words for my tiny mind to understand or something. Hopefully I am not the only person with this problem of not understanding, I would hate to be dumb by myself. LOL. So can anyone give me a lamens term rundown of this?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    The public option? The main objective is to cover most, almost all, of the tens of million without coverage...but also try to lower, mainly contain, the rising of premiums by injecting competition into the industry.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    But the public option is not free, the cost is supposed to be inline with the private sector. The coverage is basically and 80%-20% deal.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    What will end up happening is everyone will get coverage but those who have coverage now will probably end up with worse coverage.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    What will end up happening is everyone will get coverage but those who have coverage now will probably end up with worse coverage.
    Can't get much worse than it is already...
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    I got 14 bills the other day from Spectrum Labratories, all for the same type of test, but on different dates. Some were dating back to 2007. I called them to see why I got all these bills(since my insurance) was supposed to have paid them. They said they don't know, but they did file. So I got on the phone to talk to someone at the insurance company about it and they told me, after much frustration, the reason they were denied was because it was billed through Triad Laboratories and not Spectrum Labs. They are THE ONE AND THE SAME COMPANY!! They told me to tell Spectrum to re-submit and they would review them. What a crock.

    I told that story because most all you all know I am a disable veteran. And guess what insurance it was? It was my very own Veteran's administration that did this. Tell me how the "Public Option" is going to help when the veteran's administration refuses to pay a medical bill for a totally 100% disabled veteran?

    I might add that these tests were ordered by a Doctor who is employed by the veteran's administration and supposed to be my "gate-keeper" to specialized medical care.

    If the veteran's administration does this, then how long will it be before Medicare starts. My understanding is that this happens all the time with the private sector.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    The public option? The main objective is to cover most, almost all, of the tens of million without coverage...but also try to lower, mainly contain, the rising of premiums by injecting competition into the industry.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

    So when my co pay shoots up triple, or I have to start paying 20%, that I do not have to pay now....am I suppose to thank Mr. Obama?
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  8. #8
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

    So when my co pay shoots up triple, or I have to start paying 20%, that I do not have to pay now....am I suppose to thank Mr. Obama?
    Why would it do that? What makes you think it would?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    Insurance companies are totally out of control, so are medical costs. Even if you have insurance they try their best not to pay for anything and medical providers have become by far the most aggressive debt collectors in the country while over billing for hundreds of items and procedures.

    They are both going to have to be reined in and reined in hard. In a perfect world maybe this wouldn't be the best way, but this ain't a perfect world.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I have to be dumb....

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    Insurance companies are totally out of control, so are medical costs. Even if you have insurance they try their best not to pay for anything and medical providers have become by far the most aggressive debt collectors in the country while over billing for hundreds of items and procedures.

    They are both going to have to be reined in and reined in hard. In a perfect world maybe this wouldn't be the best way, but this ain't a perfect world.
    Insurance companies are the reason for the legislation needed.
    They have made it so difficult to get medical care needed, without having to jump thru hoops of fire.

    They make you pay outrageous fees, and make it almost impossible to get some procedures done and have them covered.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •